StreamSets Cloud Support Policy
Updated: November 26, 2019
- StreamSets offers support services for StreamSets Cloud (Service) (“Cloud Support”) in accordance with the following terms:
- Support Availability. StreamSets will provide Customer with email-only Cloud Support as described below from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Monday through Friday (excluding StreamSets holidays).
- Issue Submission and Resolution. Customer may report errors or abnormal behavior of the Service (“Issues”) by emailing StreamSets at firstname.lastname@example.org. StreamSets will use reasonable commercial efforts to address Issues, but does not commit to fixed response times and in any event reserves the right to determine the resolution of Issues (if any) in its sole discretion.
- Customer Cooperation. Customer will provide information and cooperation to StreamSets as reasonably required for StreamSets to provide Cloud Support. This includes, without limitation, providing the following information to StreamSets regarding any Issue:
- Aspects of the Service that are unavailable or not functioning correctly
- Issue’s impact on users
- Start time of Issue
- List of steps to reproduce Issue
- Wording of any error message
- Issue ID# (when specified by StreamSets)
As part of its cooperation obligations, Customer must designate an individual to perform problem determination and implementation of any remedies who is knowledgeable about and qualified to perform such determination and remedial functions with respect to the Service. Cloud Support will only communicate with such designated individual.
- Exclusions. StreamSets will have no obligation to provide Cloud Support to the extent an Issue arises from: (a) use of the Service by Customer in a manner not authorized in the Agreement or the applicable Documentation; (b) general Internet problems, force majeure events or other factors outside of StreamSets’ reasonable control; (c) Customer’s equipment, software, network connections or other infrastructure; (d) third-party systems, acts or omissions or (e) Service evaluation or other instances where the Service is provided at no charge (including Trials or Betas).
- Confidential or Sensitive Information. Customer should never submit any data, log files or other confidential or sensitive information through email. In the event Customer desires to provide confidential or sensitive information, Customer should request further information from Cloud Support about an alternative data transmission mechanism.
- Self-Support Features. StreamSets may offer a Community Slack channel or other publicly accessible blogs, forums or interactive features (“Self-Support Features”). Any information submitted to these Self-Support Features will be publicly available, so Customer is advised not to submit any confidential or sensitive information. StreamSets is not responsible for the validity or content of any information displayed through Self-Support Features (including any advice regarding the Service), and such Self-Support Features are not part of Cloud Support as provided by StreamSets.