Last Updated: December 2, 2014
1. Information Collection
(a) Information Your Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in a survey, make a purchase, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include – your name, email address, address, phone number(s), information about your employer, your role within your organization, your employer’s address, credit card information and any other information you choose to provide.
(b) Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services. When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Preferences” below.
(c) Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources, and if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by the social media site.
2. Provide, maintain and improve our Services;Use of Information. We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by StreamSets and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
StreamSets is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With marketing partners or other direct marketers, so they can send you notices about their products or services. If you do not want to receive email marketing communications, see “Preferences” below for opt-out information;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of StreamSets or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. Security. StreamSets takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
(a) Account Information. If we decide to provide certain personalized Services, we may require you to create an account in order to receive those Services and may, in our reasonable discretion, offer you a certain degree of account management that allows you to update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account. If you deactivate your account, we may retain information for legitimate business purposes and where required by the law. We may also retain cached or achieved copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
(b) Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services.
(c) Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from StreamSets by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.