StreamSets is excited to announce the immediate availability of StreamSets Data Collector 3.12.0 and StreamSets Data Collector Edge 3.12.0.
StreamSets Data Collector is open source under Apache License 2.0 and a powerful design and execution engine. It enables moving data between any source and destination, performing transformations, and push down analytics along the way. To download, click here.
StreamSets Data Collector Edge is a lightweight execution agent that runs on edge devices with limited memory, CPU, and/or connectivity resources. It enables reading data from an edge device or receiveing data from another dataflow pipeline. It supports messaging protocols including HTTP, MQTT, CoAP, and WebSockets. To download, click here.
There are some great new features and enhancements included in this release—let’s review some of the highlights. For a complete list of enhancements, new features, bug fixes, and upgrade instructions, please refer to the Release Notes.
StreamSets Data Collector 3.12.0
- RabbitMQ Consumer now supports transport layer security (TLS) for connections with a RabbitMQ server. You can configure the required properties on the TLS tab.
- Salesforce origin has a new property to configure the streaming buffer size when subscribed to notifications. Configure this property to eliminate buffering capacity errors.
- SQL Server CDC Client and SQL Server Change Tracking Client origins can now be configured to convert unsupported data types into strings and continue processing data.
- Azure Event Hub Producer destination can now write records as XML data.
- RabbitMQ Producer destination now supports transport layer security (TLS) for connections with a RabbitMQ server. You can configure the required properties on the TLS tab.
- Avro – For schemas located in Confluent Schema Registry, Data Collector now includes a property to specify the user information needed to connect to Schema Registry through basic authentication.
- Starting December 16th, 2019, the ability to upload support bundles directly from Data Collector will be deprecated, and will be removed in a future release. Going forward, please use Data Collector to generate and download a support bundle to your local machine. Then upload the file to the appropriate support ticket in the StreamSets Zendesk Support portal (no file size limit).
Feedback and Contributions
If you’d like to suggest a feature, enhancement, or if you see something that needs to be fixed or made better, feel free to open a ticket by visiting—https://issues.streamsets.com.
Also note that StreamSets welcomes contributions from the community. For guidelines on contributing code, visit—https://github.com/streamsets/datacollector/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
For any other questions and inquiries, please contact us.